Friday, December 24, 2010

Festive Reflection…

When I was schooling... I always looked forward to holidays, especially the one at the end of the year that starts in late November and stretches across December; all the way to the New Year!

Not that I hated going to school, I actually enjoyed life in school, but it is the notion built over my teenage years that it is the month when you don't need to attend classes, no tons of homework and revision, and you actually get a huge long break that allows you to relax, play, hang out with friends and have all the time to do the things you often can't afford the time to.

Even after graduating, and having no more entitlement to school holidays anymore because of responsibilities and work in the real world… Still, December is ALWAYS my favourite month!

To me… December resembles Autumn; and my favourite season happens to be Autumn too (instead of Winter), because of the romantic imagery of falling maple leaves, orangey-red foliage that covers the sidewalks and trees, and the melancholy association with literature and its symbolism.

Besides, Autumn is the transition period from summer to Winter hence the cool windy weather; it is like having air-conditioning in the outdoors.

Living in a tropical country like Singapore, the closest temperatures we have to Autumn is during December, when it starts to rain almost every day.

Connecting to a self that's most sentimental and down-to-earth...

I sometimes stand by my window and just feel the wind; smell the moist and watch the pour...

The pitter-patter of the falling rain plays a song that washes me off to a world of my own.

It just resonates within me; like meditation, that puts my thoughts and emotions into perspective.

Compared to mid-year's hot and sunny weather where one gets irritated easily and appears to be more impatient; as seen rapidly in fanning oneself, gulping ice cool beverages or constantly fidgeting...

The month of December slows me in my tracks making me appreciative of the simple joy and beauty in life; like cupping my hands around the teacup, stealing its warmth from the heat and taking my time sipping the freshly brewed tea...

Or simply cuddling myself tightly,

...resting my hands around my neck and feel the warmth of life pulsing through.

Even if it doesn't rain, it's often cloudy and cool; because the skies outside are dark, and I’ll switch on my standing lamp and my room would light up presenting a cosy ambience. With the surrounding cool air that ventilates through the windows, it puts me in an elevated mood for creative writing any time of the day.

Despite the gloominess and chill the end of the year brings... December is definitely a month of Celebration!!!

Christmas; which is celebrated by almost everyone, puts cheer in our hearts whenever we see nice & joyful decorations all over the streets of Orchard Road, Shopping Malls and Offices...

With bright lightings, attractive figurines, and ornamentals on the trees,

...not forgetting sumptuous spread of delicacies advertising all over the papers, magazines & TV; simply tickling the taste buds of everybody.

Adding to the festive occasion, there are Parties... Festivals... And Dinners to dress up for & attend; and great awesome time & joyful fun to soak in…

And…

Riiinnngggggg…. (Excuse me for a second… I need to take this call…)

Guess what...!

AMDG Office JUST called (Yup, They're working pretty late lately on some major “Q1 Acquisition” or something for next year 2011…) – They told me next week a Tranquillity Evening is planned for me; together with my Artiste Manager & GrandMentor…

They asked me to dress up; but is not telling me WHERE the dinner venue will be held for this year; as it’s a S.U.R.P.R.I.S.E for me… (So sweet of them right?)

(Now they've got me all excited!)

Honestly, I’m so looking forward to this evening of rendezvous now...

I seriously wonder WHERE this year's dinner will be held…

And I wonder… Oops, My Apology

(Sorry to sidetrack, back to my entry…)

All that is said - December; the LAST month of the year... A time to reflect on ourselves for the past eleven months in all aspects of our life, a time to tie-up loose ends and plan for the next year ahead, and a time to make up to your love ones whom you've been too busy for...

And it's also a time when you kind of wanna tell yourself...

“It Has Been An Interesting Year Of Ups and Downs, So Let's Wrap It Up & Enjoy Ourselves! Let Us All Prepare For A Brand New Year By Welcoming Year 2011 – The Year Of The Rabbit…!”

(And you know what… It’s MY Year, Rabbit!!!)

Last But Not Least…

A Huge THANK YOU To ALL My Lovely, Awesome And
Wonderful Readers, Supporters, Fans & Friends;
For Accompanying Me Through The Years…!!!

I Hereby Wish EVERYONE Here…

A Merry X’mas & A Happy New Year…!!!

Luv You ALL,

MuuaaaccCCKKK...!!


No comments: