Saturday, September 11, 2010

Once Upon A Doggie Wish...

I was invited to a private movie screening of “Cats and Dogs 2: Revenge of Kitty Galore” last week, and the Buffet (served before the movie); was pretty good; it's from Four Seasons Hotel.

For those of you who are stressed-up at work or school, and need a break from the “human” world, this movie will do just fine amongst the others that are up in the cinema right now.

Cats & Dogs have always been portrayed to be enemies, but in this movie, the enemy becomes the partner, working hand in hand to stop an evil plan... It's absolutely an adorable movie, especially the dogs... they're soOoo cute!!!

And not forgetting the super cool gadgets – which I may add, is much MORE useful than the ones we carry around all day...

And they have it hidden in their collar!

You know... My family used to rear two Shih Tzus and very, very often I wished I could trade places with "them"... (Don't you sometimes wish you could be a dog, if not some other animal too?)

Why?

Coz you don't have to worry about food, lodging and expenses, because your owner will provide for you... and what's more, you get loved and doted by them a lot! I couldn't possibly think of anything that would cause them any stress... (Whenever I felt alone, I would entertain such thoughts.)

But after watching this movie, I realized how foolish & silly I was of coz, but then again, I was young then - No... Innocence of a child would be a better word in this instance...

And as I grew older, and experienced more things in life, I learnt to count my blessings; through my GrandMentor's teachings - I was awaken the day I finally understood how the Laws of Life works, with many of his unconventional Philosophy, Wisdom, Methods, Formula & Systems... (I mean, look at how he turned my life around 360 degree in 3 years! That is why I am forever grateful, eternally!)

The me today... I've stop making unrealistic wishes; but am instead working towards making my life one that I'll be happy and worthy, living in... Now when I think back, it REALLY is amusing that I actually wanted to be a DOG...!

Like the saying goes, The Grass On The Other Side Is Always Greener...

The dogs may seem to me like they're having a luxurious time, lounging all day and doing no (or minimal) work at all, but how do I know they're not resenting their life, and also wish they were humans, right?

For all I know, they could be complaining of the utter boredom their whole lives, having no freedom to go where they want, do whatever they want and dread that the only thing they can say is, “WoOofff” - Poor doggie...

After the movie ended, I did a little shopping till the mall almost closed, and that's when I saw one of my favourite kiosk; Auntie Anne's! I simply Love, lOve, luuuurvvvveee the PRETZELS there - Especially the Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel in Caramel dip... It is H.E.A.V.E.N.L.Y...!!!

Unfortunately, the pretzels were all Sold Out...

So all I could settle for; is the thirst-quenching Passion Fruit Juice.

Well... Even without the delicious pretzels, you know from the pictures I took, that I'm contented with my Passion Fruit Juice, and am a very happy girl tonight...!

But what makes me EVEN MORE happier... Is this sweet lady you see here accompanying me the whole day!

And she is none other than...

My dearest mummy that I love soOoooo much...!


3 comments:

Hock Yee said...

Hi Kasandra, read your "Doggie Wish".
Guess this is the first time I'm responding to someone's blog.

Hmm... that's an interesting early day's wish. In fact, I've ever mentioned this wish during a team building session in my workplace too, with a slight twist though. I actually wish to just be a dog for 1 day, to understand the life of being a dog. heehee...

I used to have a dog too. But sad to say, he has passed away at the age of near to 4 years old, due to seizure. A very sad moment...

Believe me. Cats and dogs can live together. It will be better if both are kept together since young, to avoid "quarrels and fights". haha...

My doggie was a new comer to the family then while the cats are already about 10 years old. Initially the cats were very unhappy. But as days go by, they kinda accepted the doggie unless they get irritated by him. :)

Anyway, great reading your blogs. But sad to say, have not bought your book (which I have always wanted to), and missed all your autograph sessions due to workload.

Do continue with all your good work. :)

Kasandra K. said...

Hi Hock Yee,

Thank you so much for leaving this comment to share your afterthoughts... :)

I'm sorry to hear about your dog... I can imagine how saddening it is for you, especially when feelings have been developed over the years.

Yup, I agree that cats and dogs are able to live harmoniously together, because I have a friend who rears both and they do have playful fights, but that's just about it. :)

I'm glad you like reading my blog and thank you for the encouragement... I'll definitely continue to strive. :)

Hopefully i'll get to see you in my next Event/ Activity/ Autography Session. Take care, Hock Yee...

Kasandra

Hock Yee said...

Hi Kasandra, thanks for responding despite your hectic schedule.

No worries. I have already gotten over it. Will be taking care of my cat like the way I've taken care of my dog. :) And he's such a darling boy. heehee...

Cheers!
Hock Yee